Shambhala cake is extremely tasty and juicy. Fragrant and fresh lemon and orange supply this delicacy a special taste.
This simple dessert is made without oil and eggs, and must stand for as a minimum three hours to be introduced to the table.
- 500 g of semolina
- 2 cups thick sour milk
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1.5 bags of baking powder
- 1.5 bags of vanilla sugar
- Optionally grated lemon and orange peel
- 2 glasses of water
- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- A teaspoon of lemon juice
- A cup of peeled almonds cut in half
- First, prepare the syrup: pour water and sugar and cook for 10-15 minutes from the moment it boils. Then add lemon juice and cook for another five minutes, then set aside to cool but keep warm.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together the sour milk and sugar, add the semolina, baking powder and, if desired, the grated rind of the lemon or orange.
- Pour the dough into a well-greased baking tray and arrange the halves of peeled almonds in a regular row on it. Bake for about 40 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C.
- Take the baked dough out of the oven and cool it briefly so that it is not very hot, and then pour lukewarm syrup over it.
- Leave the dessert to stand for two or three hours, and it is best to prepare it the day before.