The famous Thai cuisine is characterized by strong spices and well-balanced flavors. Every Thai dish must have four types of flavors: salty, sweet, sour and spicy.
The main ingredient in almost every dish is rice or rice pasta, which you can find in combination with meat or seafood and definitely some vegetables, fruits or legumes. All this, of course, with plenty of spices such as: lemon grass, curry, various types of chili peppers, galangal, ginger …
It is interesting that Thais do not have a certain time to eat, but eat when they are hungry, and in cooking they try to achieve a balance between yin and yang food – food that warms and cools the body.
Thais are guided by the idea that food must be beautiful in order to be delicious, so all dishes are decorated with fresh vegetables.
Here is a simple and delicious recipe:
Thai delight with pineapple
For two people, prepare 35 minutes.
- 300 g chicken fillet
- 150 g canned pineapple
- 1 teaspoon dry spice
- 1 teaspoon curry
- A little ginger powder
- 0.5 dl neutral cooking cream
- 1 dl of water
- 1 dl of milk
- Thinly slice the chicken fillet into smaller steaks. Cut the pineapple into cubes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the spice and fry in hot butter on both sides.
- Remove the meat from the pan.
- Fry the pineapple in the same fat for a few minutes, then add water, milk, curry and ginger.
- Cook everything for a few minutes on low heat.
- Add sour cream and chicken to the sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice and white wine.