Mayonnaise is an integral part of many appetizers and side dishes.
It is the basis for many sauces and salads. It was first made by the Spaniards, but the French celebrated it and gave it a name and it is one of the most important sauces in their kitchen. Try it yourself at home, it’s not difficult and the taste will delight you.
The basic condition for mayonnaise to succeed is the moderate heat of all foods, eggs must not be taken directly from the fridge, oil and bowls must also not be too cold.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2.5 dl oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Lemon juice or wine vinegar
- White pepper, salt
- Prepare a porcelain bowl. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, salt them, add pepper and mustard.
- Stir until the eggs start to thicken.
- Then pour oil drop by drop into the eggs, stirring constantly, alternately in one and the other direction.
- The condition for good mayonnaise is that at the beginning of mixing, the oil is poured into the mayonnaise only in drops.
- When the mass starts to thicken, you should add a few drops of lemon or wine vinegar. Repeat this until a certain amount of oil is used up.
- The topping mayonnaise should not be too thick.
- The required amount of mayonnaise for topping should be separated from the mass and mixing it, add a little lukewarm water.