The sumptuous scent of roasted chestnuts is one of the symbols of autumn. Let our home smell too. I bring you a really simple recipe, which you can easily prepare at home in the oven.
- 1 kg of chestnuts
- Carefully inspect each fruit and remove those that are puffy or soft.
- Use a sharp knife to make a small cut in the middle of the chestnut, and you can only cut one longer line with a notched knife along the convex part of the chestnut. It is important that the shell is opened, so that they do not explode from the steam that is created in the chestnut during roasting. If this is difficult for you, just remove a little shell from the side.
- Then wash it under running water, put it in a bowl, pour water with one teaspoon of salt and stir.
- Let it stand in the water for half an hour.
- Then strain the chestnut from the water and place in a tray lined with aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Make sure that they have enough space and do not stand on top of each other.
- Place the pan in the oven heated to 230 ° C on the shelf closest to the upper heater, then bake the chestnuts for half an hour.
- Stir them during baking so that they turn and bake more evenly.
- They are baked when they turn brown and crack, and their shell crackles and peels easily. However, when it is done, it is good to put it in a nylon bag to make it even easier to peel.
- Serve them after 10 minutes.