This nut is a real treasure trove of nutrients, it does not contain cholesterol and it is very low in calories. Homemade chestnut jam is very tasty and healthy. And besides, you can use this jam to prepare cakes and pastries.
To prepare chestnut jam, you need:
- One kilogram of chestnuts, a kilo and a half of sugar and one vanilla stick.
- First bake a shortly chestnut in the oven, then peel it while it is still warm.
- Put the cleaned chestnuts in a pan and pour cold water over them.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until softened.
- Then, strain and pass through a sieve.
- Add the sugar to the warm puree you get.
- Put the sweetened puree in a pan (for half a kilo of puree go three tablespoons of water).
- Add the vanilla stick and stir over a moderate heat until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat, take out the vanilla stick, put the jam in a jar and store in a cool place.