Make homemade oat milk and do your health a favor. Oat milk is a great healthy substitute if you do not drink animal milk for health or other reasons. Oats have many medicinal properties, and is best known for its high concentration of proteins and fibers associated with cholesterol regulation. This also helps strengthen the immune system, has a preventive effect on heart disease, maintains cholesterol, blood sugar, provides energy through natural proteins and sugars and improves the health and appearance of skin and hair. Contains minerals and vitamins such as manganese, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins B, E and A.
You can buy oat milk or make it yourself. It’s a great choice because it contains fiber and large amounts of iron, and is low in fat, sugar and calories, which is great if you want to lose weight.
Oat milk – recipe
– 1 cup oatmeal
– 3 cups filtered water
– 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
– A little cinnamon (not needed)
To make oat milk you will need a blender.
- To begin with, wash the oats well and drain the water, then pour it into a bowl and pour cold water over it, then leave it to soak for 20 minutes (maybe longer). Then strain well from the water and rinse well.
- Pour this into a blender and add three cups of filtered water, then turn on the blender first to a lower speed which you will gradually increase. Let the blender run at maximum speed for 8-10 seconds.
- After that, strain the oats and return the obtained liquid to the blender, mix briefly and process again.
- Then add maple syrup to the obtained milk, then vanilla extract and cinnamon if you use it, return the milk to a clean blender once again, mix and then strain once more and finally pour into a clean glass jar or bottle.
- Before using the jar, be sure to shake and store the milk in the refrigerator 4-5 days.