Stracciatella ice cream is great for those who are not fans of pure chocolate ice cream, but still do not want to miss something chocolate in it. Stracciatella ice cream contains pieces of bitter chocolate, which gives it a fantastic taste and appearance.
It was originally created in Bergamo, northern Italy, at the Ristorante La Marianna in 1961. It was inspired by stracciatella soup, made from egg and broth, which is popular around Rome. It is one of the most renowned Italian gelato flavours.
Today, stracciatella is one of the most popular ice cream varieties in the world.
Make a famous masterpiece at home.
Stracciatella ice cream recipe
- 500 ml of whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 5 g vanilla sugar
- 500 ml full-fat sweet sour cream
- 1 pack of condensed milk
- 150-200 g of dark chocolate
- Beat eggs well with 100 g of sugar and vanilla.
- Pour half of the whole milk into the eggs, slowly and with constant beating with a mixer.
- After that, pour the egg mixture into the remaining fresh milk and beat again.
- Put the dish to cook on a low heat for a few minutes, stir, and then leave it to cool completely.
- Whisk the sweet sour cream with the sugar into the airy snow, then carefully add it to the mixture with the eggs, beating with a mixer.
- Add condensed milk, stirring constantly, and add more powdered sugar if desired.
- Transfer the mixture to a suitable freezer container and leave in the freezer for 3 hours. During these 3 hours, take out the ice cream 3-4 times and stir it with a mixer. In this way, crystals will not form.
- During the last whipping, add finely chopped dark chocolate.
- Return to the freezer and freeze completely.
- Serve homemade ice cream in the shape of balls and, if desired, with chocolate sauce.