Eggplant is a very healthy aromatic vegetable. It gives every dish a great taste, and besides, it is a great substitute for meat. Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables, so I present you with some delicious dishes that are easy and quick to prepare.
It is important to always wash, cut and salt before use. Leave to stand for about 15 minutes, then wash. This extracts its bitter taste.
- Cut the eggplant in half and make a few cuts, add salt and allow to drain. Fry the onion, chopped red pepper and celery in a little olive oil.
- Add chopped eggplant, 400 g of cherry tomatoes and a little crushed garlic. Season with a little vinegar and spice. If desired, for a more delicate taste, you can add chopped black olives and a teaspoon of sugar to the dish and cook a little more on a low heat.
- Cut 4 eggplants in half and hollow out the middle, then fry them a little in oil, just to brown.
- Then fry 200 g of minced meat with chopped black and garlic and one red pepper.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, then fill the eggplant halves.
- Place the chopped tomatoes on top, then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Pasta with eggplant
- Enrich the pasta with healthy eggplant vegetables and enjoy your favorite meal!
- Cook your favorite pasta, and before the end of cooking, add chopped tomatoes, onions, asparagus, peppers and eggplant.
- Wash two eggplants, peel them and cut them into cubes. Fry the eggplant with chopped black and garlic, salt to taste, then add the chopped hot pepper, a little soy sauce and a tablespoon of olive oil and fry a little more.
- Make a powder of a little water, flour and vegetation, add the dish and cook for a few minutes.
- If desired, you can cut another eggplant into larger pieces, hollow out the middle, fill it with this mixture and bake a little.
Eggplant rolls with cheese
- Delicious but also very decorative, this dish can be a great appetizer, addition to the main dish and serving at parties.
- It is very easy to prepare and you can combine different flavors.
- First, cut the eggplant into leaves, and then grill them.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons of sour cream. add fresh diced tomatoes and stir.
- Coat the cooled eggplant leaves with cheese and tomato, roll them up and fasten them with a toothpick.
- If desired, you can add fried sesame, dill, basil or some other spice plant to the cheese mixture. serve cold and enjoy these magical snacks.
Baked eggplant with cheese and tomato
- Cut two larger eggplants into long slices and salt on both sides and leave to drain, as well as the mozzarella, to remove excess water.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with a little grated sauerkraut and chopped basil, then roll in eggplant slices and fry in oil.
- Pour a cup of tomato sauce into a bowl, arrange a third of the amount of eggplant, half the amount of mozzarella over it and sprinkle with grated cheese, basil and pepper.
- Pour another cup of tomato sauce over it, then repeat.
- Pour a large bowl of tomato sauce over the last row of eggplants and bake for about an hour in a preheated oven at 200°C.
- Grate more cheese, then before the end of baking, put it on top and leave it in the oven for about half an hour, so that the cheese dissolves slightly and tastes great.
Baked eggplant with peanuts
- Eggplant wash well, cut in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet.
- Do the same with the potatoes and then pour over the olive oil or add pieces of butter between the eggplant slice and the potatoes.
- Add salt and you can add a little basil to taste.
- Put in the oven and bake at 200°C until it gets a color that is a sign that it is well baked.
- Lightly fry the peanuts or cashews in oil and add the garlic.
- Remove the eggplant and potatoes from the oven, place on a plate and pour over the toasted peanuts.
- If you are not a fan of garlic, it is enough to self-ripen nuts over hot eggplant, without pre-frying in oil.
- As a side dish you can serve boiled rice.
Eggplant and zucchini skewers
- Vegetable skewers can always be a great addition to the main dish, but when it comes to eggplant, which is full of vitamins and nutrients, this can also be the main meal to which you can add a side dish of rice or potatoes.
- Unlike classic skewers, on which the raw ingredients are strung and then stored together, these skewers are made in reverse order.
- Wash zucchini and eggplant, cut as thin leaves as possible and grill. Then lightly arrange each leaf, roll it up and apply it on a stick.
- If you want a meat variant, you can also roll ham leaves together with zucchini leaves.
- Grilled vegetables served in this way are ideal for serving but also “to take away” at work because they are very tasty and cold.
- Now you no longer have an excuse to use fast food during your lunch break.