You do not have to buy this sweet delicacy such as candied almonds. This is an old recipe and the procedure is quite simple. Try to prepare it yourself.
They are a typical open air fair snack in Italy where in the Tuscany they are called “Addormentasuocere” but also common in other regions with different names. In Spain they are called “Garrapiñadas”. In Switzerland and Germany they are called “Gebrannte Mandeln”.
- 250 g of almonds
- 250 g of sugar
- Bake 250 g of almonds in the oven at 200°C until the crust is peeled.
- Boil in a large pot 250 g of sugar and 5 tablespoons of water.
- When the sugar has dissolved and the mass starts to clump, add the almonds.
- Stir with a spoon until the almonds absorb the syrup.
- Then remove the pot from the stove, add a little cinnamon and stir until the almonds are dry.
- Coat the pan with oil, arrange the separated almonds and let them dry.