Melon is native to Asia and Africa. Already the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans considered melon a delicacy.
Melon belongs to the same family as watermelon, pumpkin and cucumber. It is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals.
Contains a large percentage of vitamins C, B, beta carotene, as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and copper.
Also, melon contains three times more potassium than watermelon.
Melon is ideal for detoxifying the body and helps against bloating. This fruit contains 300 milligrams of potassium per 100 grams and helps the body get rid of excess sodium and thus lowers high blood pressure.
– Melon juice was previously used to relieve pain. If you want to get rid of the pain, smear the sore spot with squeezed or finely chopped melon juice.
– You can use melon in different ways:
* Make a tropical fruit salad with fresh pineapple, mango and melon and sprinkle with coconut flour at the end.
* Add diced or balls of melon to a glass of water or lemonade.
* Add cubes of chilled melon to Greek yogurt and serve instead of ice cream.
* Make fruit skewers from melon, strawberry and some other fruit topped with melted dark chocolate or with yogurt sauce.