A recipe for all those who like to snack between meals, and also like to gather friends and treat them to something contagiously tasty and snacking. The recipe is for one homemade snack that goes great with a cold beer or some other drink.
When we bake it in the oven, it turns into an irresistibly crunchy salty snack that is very tasty and nutritious! Stir a couple of times during baking, let it cool a bit, and that’s it!
Here’s a more detailed guide though:
- About 500g cooked chickpeas (2 cans) *
- 20g of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Spices as desired
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Dry cooked or canned chickpeas with a paper towel.
- You will see that a thin membrane will be removed from some grains, it is desirable to remove it because it will burn during baking.
- If you have time, let it dry for about 10 minutes, and then dry it a little more with paper.
- Roasted chickpeas will not be crispy if left moist.
- Put it in a bowl, add olive oil, salt and spices, and then rub with your fingers or just combine everything with a spoon.
- Arrange it on a baking sheet so that it is in one layer.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes in the middle of the oven, stirring occasionally. if using a fan, bake at 180 ° C.
- If you see that it is dry in the middle of baking, add a little more oil, mix and continue baking.
- Leave to cool in a semi-open oven, then sleep in a bowl and snacking can begin. 🙂
- Chickpeas prepared this way are the best on the first day because they are the most crunchy, but even later they remain with a fine, slightly nutty taste, only they are a little softer and chewier.
- Do not keep it in a closed jar or box, as this will make it moist and soft.
You can eat it as a snack, but also as an addition to salads, sprinkled over soups or over salty porridges or some spreads like hummus.