Avocado (lat. Persea americana) is a very rare tropical fruit. It grows on the eponymous species of woody plants in Central America and Mexico. The tree can grow to a height of 20 m.
At the beginning of the 19th century, avocado production expanded to Florida and California, where 90% of total avocado production now originates. What is characteristic of avocados is that the genus of the tree itself cannot mature on the tree.
After harvesting avocados, it is desirable to put the fruits in a paper bag and keep them in it for one to two days. After that, the avocado is ripe and can be used for food.
Avocados are called “super fruits” because numerous studies have shown an extremely beneficial effect of this fruit on human health.
It is known for its extremely rich nutritional value and is an integral part of many dishes.
Avocado is an extremely healthy fruit, because it has a large amount of healthy fats that are very useful for the proper functioning of the body because they lower bad cholesterol, improve blood circulation, have a good effect on the brain, regulate sleep and rejuvenate the skin. These are all reasons why you should include it in your diet.
– It contains more potassium than banana –
Potassium is a nutrient that most people do not get enough through their diet. It is important because it helps in the renewal of the body’s cells and has many other important functions.
Avocados are full of potassium, because having only 100 g of this fruit has 14 percent potassium in them, unlike bananas which have 10 percent. In addition, several studies have shown that higher potassium intake lowers blood pressure, which is one of the main causes of heart attacks and kidney disease.
– It is rich in unsaturated fatty acids
With 77 percent fat, avocado is the fruit that contains the most fat. However, these are healthy fats, because avocados are full of oleic acid. Zhis unsaturated fatty acid is an integral part of olive oil and has a number of useful properties, among which is what helps in the fight against cancer. That is why avocado oil is one of the best and healthiest ingredients of every dish.
– Protects against premature aging.
Improves the condition of the skin and hair even with internal use, the use of masks based on fruit pulp brings an even more pronounced effect. Tropical fruit protects against premature aging because it contributes to the renewal of epidermal cells and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin after 30 years.
– People who eat avocados are healthier –
Studies have shown that people who eat avocados are much healthier than those who do not get enough of this voice, that they do not have problems with higher weight and that they have a very good metabolism.
In addition, it is rich in fiber, protein, and contains the antioxidant glutathione, which accelerates the work of the liver and helps it remove toxins from the body.
And what is also very important, avocado is extremely tasty and is an excellent ingredient in a variety of dishes, and you can add it to both salty and sweet meals.
As with other fruits, avocados destroy a significant amount of vitamins and nutrients during cooking. It is desirable to serve fresh avocado with the dish, with the avocado being added to the dish when serving. Avocado can be used as an addition to salads, it is used to prepare puree that is served with cold soups, as a dessert or as an addition to sushi.
– Here are a few ways you can prepare avocado dishes :
- The easiest way to enjoy avocado is to cut it into pieces and season to taste. You can salt it, pickle it, and add ground pepper, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice or extra virgin olive oil.
– Stuffed avocado:
- Cut the avocado, remove the stone, and fill both halves with egg.
- Then bake them for 15-20 minutes at 220 ℃. After that, season it with fresh herbs such as primrose leaves, basil or mint.
- You can replace eggs with other ingredients, such as tuna, chicken, vegetables and fruits.
– In an omelet.
- If you want to enrich breakfast with healthy fats, include avocado in scrambled eggs or omelet. Simply add the avocado cubes to the pan with the eggs. Season the resulting dish to taste. Replace spreads such as butter and margarine with avocado.
– Avocado spread goes great with toast.
- In this way you will add numerous nutrients to the sandwiches, necessary for the normal functioning of the organism.
- Like guacamole. To make guacamole, an extremely tasty sauce, you can use only avocado, fresh herbs and spices, or you can combine it with other ingredients such as corn, broccoli and quinoa.
– In salads.
Avocado is an excellent ingredient in various salads. You can combine it with all kinds of vegetables, legumes, as well as chicken and fish. Because it contains healthy fats and fiber, it will give the meal a fuller taste, and you will stay full longer.
– In ice creams and other sweets.
Thanks to its neutral, mild taste, it is used as an ingredient in both savory and sweet dishes. It is great as a base for vegan ice creams because it gives them a rich, creamy texture. It is also used as a substitute for butter when making cakes, puddings, but also vegan chocolates.